MINING, OIL & GAS INDUSTRY - COMPRESSED AIR SOLUTIONS
Southern Cross Compressors supply, install & service a wide range of large scale, high pressure compressed air systems for the Australian oil, gas and mining industry.
Large Scale, High-Pressure Compressors
Southern Cross Compressors custom design, engineering, production, testing under full load, erection, start-up and related services to Australian industry.
- The broad product range provides power from 4kW to 6000kW/8000HP and discharge pressure up to 700 Bar/10150 PSI for air, natural gas and process gases.
- Our unique high pressure technology brings a highly advanced, custom designed and built range of industrial air compressors for applications in Petrochemical & Refinery, Siesmic research, transportation, storage and power, Pipeline evacuation, Industial gases, PET for bottle production, Biomethne and natural gas vehicles.
Mobile Compressors - Gas Transportation & Storage
Southern Cross Compressors provide mobile compressor systems for the oil and gas industry. We supply self-sustaining, fully-automated compressor systems for pneumatic pressure tests of pipelines and other pressurised components.
- Capacity range up to 60 m³/min (2,119 cfm)
- Discharge pressure range up to 150 bar (2,175 psi)
- Compressor units designed to customers‘ specifications for higher capacities and discharge pressures of up to 700 bar (10,150 psi) are available on request.
We provide self-sustaining, fully-automated compressor systems for the production of nitrogen from ambient air, with a freely selectable purity between 90 and 98 %.
- Capacity range up to 37 m³/min (1,300 cfm)
- Discharge pressure range up to 350 bar (5,076 psi)
- Compressor units designed to customers‘ specifications for discharge pressures of up to 700 bar (10,150 psi) are available on request
Petrochemical & Refinery Air Compressors
Our compressors provide ultimate pressures of up to 250 bar with un-lubricated cylinders, or 700 bar with lubricated cylinders are possible. An output between 65 kW – model 90 – and 1,035 kW – model 360 – per cylinder allows an overall output of up to 6,200 kW (6 x 1,035 kW).
Seismic Research Compressors
Southern Cross Compressors offers a comprehensive range of seismic compressors on capacities (FAD) ranging from 2 to 78 m³/min (70 to 2,755 cfm).
- 2 to 6 m³/min (70 to 210 cfm) capacity:
air-cooled piston compressors designed for permanent operation
- 8 to 16 m³/min (280 to 560 cfm) capacity:
water-cooled piston compressors in cross-head design
- 21 to 78 m³/min (740 to 2,755 cfm) capacity:
Compound systems as optimal solutions for highest capacities with smallest possible space requirements and weights.
Pipeline Evacuation Compressors
Southern Cross Compressors supplies fully-automated, self-sustaining compressor systems for the evacuation of natural gas from pipelines as part of the maintenance and repair measures. According to the project-specific rating, the remaining pressure in the pipeline can be lowered to values between 1 and 7 bar (14.5 to 101 psi).
This will drastically reduce natural gas emissions into the atmosphere.