Get the most out of your compressor with these helpful air compressor health tips
With these air compressor health tips, the correct compressor system for your needs and a good maintenance program, you will be able to extend the life of your compressor, reduce running costs and increase efficiency.
Daily system checks
Is your compressor system part of your daily inspection checklist? We highly recommend that following daily checks are conducted and recorded every day:
- Oil levels?
- Any oil leaks?
- Is there too much incoming voltage?
- Does the control line filter need draining?
- Are there any unusual noises or vibrations?
- Are the gauges and indicators in normal operation?
Gauges and indicators can help you spot air leaks and monitor temperatures. The differentials across your compressor filter to check for air pressure (usually measured in PSI).
Overheating is a common problem with air compressors that have not been regularly checked and maintained. Ensure that your air compressor is kept in a well-ventilated area so that it can breathe and cool down, especially when the weather heats up in summer.
If the compressor system appears to be vibrating too much or making more noise than usual, ask us to take a proper reading.
Weekly system checks
- Is the safety valve working?
- Do the air receivers need draining?
- Is the moisture separator draining?
- Does water need to be drained out of the oil?
Monthly system checks
- Clean the after-cooler and oil cooler
- Wipe down the entire air compressor unit (dust increases chances of overheating)
- Air filter service (sooner if the compressor is operating in extremely dusty or dirty conditions)
Quarterly system checks
- Change the oil filter
- Check the full load amps
- Change the petroleum oil
- Scan the compressor unit for loose bolts and re-tighten
- Have an oil sample taken (we can test the sample to see if the oil needs to be changed)
Yearly system checks
- Lubricate the motors
- Check the safety shut-down system
- Change the air filter every 2,000 hours
- Change the oil separator every 4,000 – 8,000 hours
Your air compressor health in our safe hands
Our approach to compressed air maintenance will help to:
- Increase the life expectancy of your air compressor asset
- Prevent air compressor breakdown and subsequent business loss
- Ensure that your air compressor system meets your needs at every cycle of your operations
- Give you peace of mind knowing that we are reducing your energy costs by ensuring that your compressor is running efficiently
See more about our air compressor service, repair and maintenance here. For a limited time, we are offering a free air audit and quote, so contact us today!