15-55 kW 2 Stage Rotary Screw Compressor Range – KHE Series
This latest generation of energy efficient air compressors can SAVE you up to 50% on your power bills
- FROM 75 – 355 kW
- RAPID PAYBACK
- EXTENDED BEARING LIFE
- FIXED & VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE
Our ground-breaking world class range of KHE Series ‘2-Stage’ range of rotary screw air compressors offer outstanding energy savings when compared to conventional single-stage compressors.
Our extensive range covers capacities from 17.4m³/min (75kW) up to 70m³/min (355kW) and with pressures ranging up to 13 barg. This outstanding range of two-stage rotary screw air compressors, offering significant energy saving benefits, has become the preferred compressor of choice for many large mainstream companies across Australia.
The Southern Cross range of KHE 2 STAGE Rotary Screw Air Compressors brings outstanding performance, efficiency and reliability to industry.
What is 2-Stage Compressed Air Technology?
Unlike a conventional single stage compressor, a 2-stage air compressor divides the overall compression ratio between two distinct airends. This has the effect of significantly reducing internal leakage losses resulting in substantial efficiency gains as well as extending bearing life due to reduced applied loads.
Southern Cross 2-stage air compressors require a smaller drive motor to produce the equivalent volume flow rate to that of a comparable single stage compressor.
Why is it much more efficient?
These remarkable efficiency savings are achieved through reduced leakage losses across each stage, optimised cool oil injection and enhanced airend geometry.
You could save in excess of 50% of your compressed air energy bill.* (*Compared to an equivalent single stage fixed speed compressor).
What are the investment benefits?
Replacing a single stage with Southern Cross 2-stage air compressor technology will typically result in a very rapid investment payback based on energy cost savings. As energy costs continue to rise, these savings will increase. A conservative 17.5% power saving based on replacing a conventional 160kW compressor with a 2-stage unit could realise annual energy savings well in excess of $40,000 based on 8760 operating hours and $0.20/kWhr.
What capacity compressors are available?
With capacities from 16m3/min (75kW) up to 70m3/min (355kW) and pressures up to 13 bar.g, Southern Cross can cover most industry requirements. We also build high pressure KHE 2-stage compressors capable of up to 40bar.
REDUCED OH&S RISK
- The entire Southern Cross range of compressors include safety features such as guarded rotating components, shrouded electrical components and internal spillage containment.
MINIMAL PRESSURE DROP / INCREASED OUTPUT
- Laminar flow controller results in lower pressure drop through the intake increasing output and saving energy
INCREASED RELIABILITY / LOWER SERVICING COSTS
- Outstanding reliability.
- Excellent component life.
- Worldwide support.
LONG TUBING LIFE / REDUCED DOWNTIME
- Increased reliability due to indefinite, corrosion free life. (Material such as nylon, copper or mild steel will fail in time, causing downtime).
LOWER PRESSURE DROP / LONGER ELEMENT LIFE
- Excellent mechanical oil pre-separation/reduced direct oil impingement onto separator element.
- Low dust contact results in lower pressure drop, longer element life and lower energy consumption.
- Residual oil carryover limited to 2mg/m3*
MAXIMUM OUTPUT WITH LESS ENERGY USAGE
- Asymmetric 5/6 rotor profile.
- KAPP ground rotor technology for tighter clearances and improved lubrication.
- SKF Bearings.
- Precision machined bell housing to maintain coupling alignment.
- Flexible coupling with easily serviceable element.
INCREASED FILTRATION EFFICIENCY
- Full air flow, low restriction, nanofibre technology.
- Deep bed media ensures excellent dust capture.
- Increased free air delivery for further energy savings.
MAXIMUM AIR OUTPUT / REDUCED ENERGY USAGE.
- Large, slow running airends.
- Maximum efficiency.
- Extended bearing life.
- MONITORS & CONTROLS KEY COMPRESSOR FUNCTIONS
- Protects compressor in the event of a fault.
- Provides service required alert.
- Sequencing of up to 16 compressors.
- External monitoring via RS485 interface.
- LONG LIFE / EASILY ACCESSIBLE
- Minimised thermal stress.
- Lower operating temperature.
- Maximum 50℃ ambient.
- Low oil carryover.
- Low cooling air velocity – reduces dust build up.
- INCREASED COOLING EFFICIENCY
- Higher static pressure provides superior cooling performance compared to traditional axial fans.
- Lower noise level.
- Even air flow across the cooler face.
- VSD fan control (110kW & above) provides energy savings as cooling air flow is reduced during periods of light load or low ambient temperatures.
- Cooling air bypasses main compressor compartment results in reduced internal dust build up.
- LONG OPERATING LIFE / LOWER POWER USE
- Hight efficiency WEG motors.
- TEFC to IP 55, protected from dust and moisture.
- Class F insulation.